Image : Downgrade iOS 9.3 – 9.2.1 Tutorial
And finally, Apple released iOS 9 officially for the users worldwide on September 16th. As expected, the response was more than overwhelming and millions of users updated to iOS 9 right after it was seeded. So many people downloading the update at the same time caused the Apple servers to overload and result in update errors, something which is not surprising and was expected. Meanwhile, Pangu team has released the iOS 9 jailbreak .
However, Apple has also released iOS 9.3 beta and iOS 9.2.1 [ full version ] and many people have already given it a try and installed it on their iOS device. As it is still in its very first state, it may have some bugs or vulnerabilities which may cause the phone to misbehave. Anyway, iOS 9.2.1 is much more stable than iOS 9.3 , which is the reason why many people would want to downgrade to iOS 9.2.1 from iOS 9.3. Well, it is obviously possible and suggested too, as it is always better to stay on a stable public iOS release rather than a beta iOS firmware.
So if you want to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1, simply follow the below given steps.
How to Downgrade iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1
- Make sure that iTunes in your computer is updated to the latest version. If not, then update it first before proceeding.
- Now go to Settings > iCloud in your iOS device and disable Find My iPhone.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device.
- Now activate the Restore mode in your device. For putting your device into Restore mode, press and hold the Power and Home buttons together until the Apple logo appears. Once the logo comes on the screen, let go of the Power button but keep holding the Home button till you see the familiar connect to iTunes message on the screen.
- Now iTunes will detect your phone in recovery mode and you will be given an option to update your device or restore it. Click on the Update button.
- Now just wait for iTunes to download iOS 9. If your iOS device exits the recovery mode, simply put it back into the recovery mode after iOS 9 has been downloaded. Then connect it to your computer and follow the process again from Step 5 and onwards while skipping Step 7.
- After iOS 9 has been downloaded, your device will be updated and iTunes will install iOS 9 on it.
- After a few minutes, the upgrade will be completed and your device will ask you to Slide to Upgrade. Just do that and you’re done !