Image : iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Update
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.2 :iOS 9.2 can be jailbroken using the three methods given below. Choose the one which best suits you and proceed with the jailbreaking for iOS 9.2.
Method 1 : Use the Pangu 9.2 Jailbreak app for untethered iOS 9.2 jailbreak for iPhone 6s , iPhone 6 and older devices
Method 2 : Using Taig 9.2 Jailbreak tool from Taig Team.
Method 3 : Use the Safari method to download Cydia iOS 9.2 app icon on your homescreen without PC . No Jailbreak required .
Method 1 : Pangu 9.2 Jailbreak
As you may already know , Pangu team was the first one who jailbroke iOS 9 using their latest Pangu 9 jailbreak tool. We have a link here dedicated to Pangu 9.2 jailbreak tool download .
Method 2 : Taig 9.2 Jailbreak
In a recent report it has come to light that Taig Team is secretly working on an iOS 9.2 jailbreak tool , aka Taig 9.2 [updated].
Method 3 : Cydia iOS 9.2 App icon DownloadThis method is specially useful when you are waiting for an iOS 9.2 jailbreak installer to come out . It keeps you connected to Cydia iOS 9.2 jailbreak updates directly on your device without having to jailbreak it .
- First make sure you have iOS 9.2 Downloaded and installed on your device. You can check this by going to Settings > General > About . If you haven’t installed it yet , follow our iOS 9 installation tutorial , then proceed to Step 2 for more .
- Now launch the Safari browser on your device. Please note that using any other browser like Google Chrome , Opera will not work on this jailbreak method .
- Now search this term “ios 9.2 jailbreak” without the quotes as shown below . On the results page , find the site with the url ios9cydia.com and tap on that . This page is specifically designed to download cydia app icon on iOS 9.2 devices .
- If you cannot find the page on search , then simply type in this url ios9cydia.com in your Safari browser address bar which would then open the mobile version of the page as shown below .
- Now in the bottom of the screen you will notice a UP arrow , Tap on that to bring in a new options page
- Here you will get the option to Add to HomeScreen to download iOS 9 cydia on the phone . Tap on that .
- This will allow you to name the cydia app , keep its name as Cydia and tap on Add to proceed
- You now got Cydia icon on iOS 9.2. Open the app icon to stay updated to iOS 9.2 jailbreak status .
Note : The steps explained above will help you download cydia app icon on iOS 9.2 supported devices . This methods works on iPhone and iPod Touch. iPad support is now available. This downloads the Cydia app icon without needing a PC or a Mac . Note that this Cydia app icon has limited functionality , and allows access to jailbreak updates only .
When iOS 9 betas were being rolled out by Apple, it was clear that the firmware was not easy to jailbreak. One of the biggest challenges in jailbreaking iOS 9 was to workaround the KPP (Kernel Patch Protections), which made it harder to jailbreak the firmware. But the Pangu team did find a way around and it released the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool to work with iOS 9.0.1.
Fast forward to now, iOS 9.1 final public version has been seeded to the iOS users globally, and it has reportedly patched a couple of exploits, thus making the Pangu 9 jailbreak incompatible with iOS 9.1. This means that the jailbreak teams looking to jailbreak iOS 9.2 will have to start fresh and find out new exploits in the firmware once the iOS 9.2 is seeded by the company.
iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Release Date ?Important sources suggest that an iOS 9.2 jailbreak is not impossible, but it will take some time for the jailbreak teams to find the new exploits after Apple patched the old ones. As of now, the hacker teams only had iOS 9.1 to work upon, as the iOS 9.2 haven’t been seeded. Once the iOS 9.2 firmware is released [which it alre], the teams can start working on the iOS 9.2 jailbreak. So don’t expect any team to jailbreak iOS 9.2 before the final public version of the firmware is released.
So you can expect the iOS 9.2 jailbreak to be released next month, a few days after iOS 9.2 is released for the public. So if you love jailbreaks, then stick with iOS 9-iOS 9.0.2 as of now, as there’s no fully working jailbreak for iOS 9.1 at the moment. If you haven’t jailbroken yet, you can use the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool. If you haven’t upgraded to iOS 9 yet, this is your chance as Apple will stop signing iOS 9.0.2 is a couple of days.
Who will Release the iOS 9.2 Jailbreak ?As of now, the only active team in the jailbreak scenario is the Pangu team, and considering the fact that Pangu has released the iOS 9-iOS 9.0.2 jailbreak, it is highly likely that this time will go on to release the next iOS 9.2 jailbreak as well.
Meanwhile, the TaiG team cannot be ruled out completely from the scenario, even if it hasn’t been as active as the Pangu team. The TaiG team, after jailbreaking iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4, had expressed confidence about an Taig 9.2 jailbreak [ext link], but did not release it till now. However, it had been finding jailbreak exploits in iOS 9, which indicates that the team surely wants to surprise us with an iOS 9.2 jailbreak in the coming days .
Also, another team named K33n (Keen) had announced a couple of months ago that it would be releasing an iOS 9 jailbreak and the Pangu team would be guiding it, so we guess that a Keen iOS 9.2 jailbreak is also possible. Last but not the least, Yalu iOS 8.4.1 Jailbreak [ext link] maker Luca Todesco might also show interest in jailbreaking iOS 9.2. Further developments will be seen once Apple releases iOS 9.2.